Monday, February 14, 2011

Mystic Aquarium

To start off this blog, I am going to update weekly with tips on places to visit. This week I chose a local place to start off with that others may be familiar with as well. 


Place of the Week:




A great place to travel to is the Mystic Aquarium. It is located in Mystic, CT. (35 minutes away from URI) I decided to make a trip to the aquarium with a few friends yesterday. We went to the aquarium not knowing what to expect since it was our first time attending this particular one. To our surprise, we ended up having an amazing time and time flew by so quickly. During our visit we were able to explore the various animals that reside in the Aquarium and learn many new facts about the way they live. We had the opportunity to learn about the different types of Jelly Fish, touch a baby shark and observe a show on Sea Lions. During the show I was surprised to experience how intelligent these creatures are and the many tricks they know how to do. The Sea Lion's listen to commands and with a small fish as a bribe they will do anything to you ask them to do. We were also able to observe the penguins and see how they splash around. To experience all that the Aquarium has to offer, one has to visit themselves to grasp the true beauty of these creatures.

3 comments:

  1. Your about me provided a clear and interesting description of who you really are. I like how you focus on how you love the beach and you love to travel.
    Your description was simple, but got the point across. You were very clear in explaining exactly what you would post about. I liked how you focused on the USA. To improve this, you may think about adjusting your travels to just the East Coast because the whole USA is very broad.
    The first blog post is definitely a great start. I like how you included pictures and added a personal detail by explaining that you just went there the other day. This was a great review of Mystic Aquarium and I look forward to reading your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily—
    I think you did a nice job of introducing yourself in your about me, and I can see your interest in wanting to blog on places to go around the U.S. I think if you added to your about me the places YOU love to travel and have already been to, it might make more people want to stay involved since they have those places in common. I think it will be more clear why your writing this blog if you share a little more of your traveling experience. I think your first post is a great start because not only is it close to URI, but it’s a place that doesn’t cost much to visit. By adding the pictures along with the description of Mystic Aquarium, you make it more exciting and likely to be visited. The background of your blog is great too, very neutral but just enough of the picture to give the “traveling” effect. Is your focus going to be specific places in each state? I think that would be a cool idea so people going to that state know a good attraction to plan. I enjoyed reading your blog and good luck with the following posts! Some place in Jersey would be fun to hear about since you’re from there, as am I! Maybe a feature post on the Jersey Shore would clarify some of the stereotypes we get from the show…
    -Ashley

    ..sorry for the delay i didn't know where to post the response!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the concept of your blog... it's got the opportunity to be a running diary. The blog description was succinct and to the point. Your opening post about Mystic was a good jumping off point. Your about me section gave a good impression of who you are and your interest in travel. I think my favorite facet of your blog is the design; very tranquil and relaxing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete